Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 2: Dream Come True at Cape Bojeador Lighthouse

There are many touching movies and TV series that are inspired by the lighthouses and as a kid then I would always wish that I could also find myself at the peak of a lighthouse and maybe, just maybe waiting for my prince charming. Okay that was a bit exaggerated but I guess some dreams do come true because scroll down a little and you would see that I could proudly show you the majestic view of the nature; green trees surrounding the breath-taking blue ocean from no other than the windmill! I was in awe upon seeing it and whenever I remember about it, it tickles me from the inside and wish that I could always go there whenever the urge kicks in.

Cape Bojeador Lighthouse, according to Wikipedia is also known as Burgos Lighthouse, is a cultural heritage structure in BurgosIlocos Norte, that was established during the Spanish Colonial period in the Philippines. It was first lit on March 30, 1892, and is set high on Vigia de Nagpartian Hill overlooking the scenic Cape Bojeador where early galleons used to sail by. After over 100 years, it still functions as a welcoming beacon to the international ships that enter the Philippine Archipelago from the north and guide them safely away from the rocky coast of the town.
                       


Another thing that I love about the place is its architecture which is bricks. I know it is just how it should be but I can’t help but admire it, I’m just really a sucker for vintage things, it gives me a poignant feeling.

I now appreciate the treasure of the Philippines from its natural resources and rich culture, heritage, and infrastructures so whenever there is an opportunity to explore our country I would be honored to do so and so should you because you would never be disappointed with the beautiful surprises waiting for you there.








No comments: