Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bright Lights






Bodycon dresses are mostly worn in a sexy manner like pairing it with a killer heels and then strutting your outfit at a club to go dancing or other special events. But sultry can also be edgy and more laid back when bent and twisted to match a simpler and conservative occassions like for example I wore this wonderful frock on my mom's birthday blow out.



Being on a plus size side made me avoid clingy dresses but this graphic-printed one is enough reason for me to try it out. It's made out of jersey so it only hugs the curves considerably without squeezing the awkward bulges. This dress is a so statement piece that I don't need to over accessorize.



But to not shock my dad because of the dress's length, I wore a fitted skirt underneath in black to match the color of my dress also. It's one trick to cover up when your bottoms are too short.


This polaroid sunnies also adds character to my outfit, not to mention that the blue shade match the midnight colored dress and I love how it matched my peg which is the busy city or night life. Gone are the days when I despise this kind of sunnies that are worn only by guys especially those in sports or the motobikers, good thing stylish ones are created.


For this ensemble I gave my arm candies a rest and focused on my dress. A touch of highlights like meteorite necklace made the dress stand out more. But it seems that i can't really make my hands stay bare so an exquisite cocktail ring is enough to complete the look. 
 
The style that I'm crazy right now is wearing a feminine dress but pairing it with an edgy and unconventional shoes. How about a tough boots, yes? That's what I think so too haha!
 
 







The challenge now is how to repeat this dress without looking like it is. Maybe I'll wear it again after months so you won't remember it haha!
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Killer outfit its such a perfect club dress.