For a change, I'll be posting some of my cooking encounters in the kitchen. May it be a sweet concoction or some savory recipes. Like this one I'd be sharing with you in this post. If you are looking for something to snack on or even as viand then this classic fried pika-pika will do. You can even substitute the main ingredient with the meat of your choice like chicken or pork.
This dish does not take long and does not need an expertise skill so why not try this whenever hunger strikes?
- 500 grams white fish fillet
- 1 potato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoon calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 whole egg
- Slice the fish into thick strips.
- Marinate the fish in salt, pepper, sugar, and calamansi juice.
- While waiting for the marinade to seep into the meat for a flavorful taste, slice the potato thinly.
- Mix the flour with the egg.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan.
- Dredge the potato slices into the batter then fry.
- After cooking all the potato slices, dip the marinated fish intore,maining batter then fry.
- For the dip, mix mayonnaise, half teaspoon salt, half teaspoon pepper, and a tablespoon calamansi juice.