Friday, February 6, 2015

Silver Lining




We have this thing wherein all the Marketing and Advertising students of DLSU-D gather for a talk and to celebrate awardees on top of overflowing drinks and food. The recent General Assembly is held at One Esplanade, Pasay City. The place is all decked with sophistication of black, white, and silver decorations that suits the classy and edgy mood of the event. I must say that this one is the grandest I've attended so far so kudos to the team behind this success.  I'm hoping that there will be another one before the school year end.


 The theme was Shades of Gray and because I'm a fan of the novel slash soon to be on big screen (Fifty Shades of Grey) where their peg was inspired from, I wanted to go big for it.
Since my past looks were all but sweet and feminine, for a change I'd like to rock a vampy and edgy look. Hence the dark outfit matched with the vintage hollywood make-up look to complete the transformation.


I played with textures and patterns to give the monotone look an interesting touch. I chose a lacy top to still give this number a womanly aspect and delicateness to it but then the sequined skirt gives 70's retro divas a run for their money ( yes I'm once a human disco ball, LOL).



To not overwhelm my whole look I did not add any dramatic accessories especially a necklace. Only this goth-like earrings that nailed it.  Also some stacked silver mettalic rings and I'm good to go.
What I'm totally obsessing about my ensemble is this caged shoes that raised my look to another level. It exudes rocker chick with elegance.


My look may be a bit much but since I received an award for Best Marketing Research together with my best buddy also that night, my effort made sense after all, right?


 But what made this a memorable event is the fact that I spent it with the some of the best people in my life which are my college friends. Even though we are supposed to be all glam and poised, we just laughed to our hearts content and owned the night like no one else.
Top is vintage, skirt is Tory Burch , shoes are Baby Phat, metallic rings are Caaatsss, chunky ring is Genevieve Gozum

No comments: